Florida Keys Postcard Shelf
= Lower Matecumbe Key =
The highway toll gate was nearby from 1938 to 1954.
- Craig Key -
Roland Craig operated the fishing center complete with post office.
- Fiesta Key =
Jewfish Bush Key was renamed Greyhound Key when the Greyhound Bus
Incorporation purchased it. It is presently Fiesta Key.
- Long Key -
The Long Key Fishing Camp was converted from the railroad construction
infrastructure for the Long Key Bridge. It was destroyed by the 1935 Hurricane.
Author Zane Grey was the well know president of the Long Key Fishing
Club from 1917 to 1920.
- Conch Key -
First bought by Frank Coward in 1943, Conch Key is now a mini community
with a fire station.
- Little Conch Key -
(Paul) Walker's Island is now Little Conch Key.
Continued on Page 6
Go to Page 6
Return to Cultural Museum