Florida Keys Postcard Shelf
- Key Colony Beach =
Developed by Phillip Sadowski and John Puto in the 1950s.
The Army Air Corps built the 5,008 foot long airstrip during World War-II.
Once separate Keys, at the top Knight Key and Hog Key appear as part of Key Vaca.
Gilbert and Maud Spense opened the Flamingo Bar and Restaurant in 1945.
Built by Charles Toppino Sr. after the 1935 Hurricane.
Continued on Page 7
E-Mail to editor